TL-WR740N Trouble Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WR740N Trouble Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
58 Reply
Re:TL-WR740N Trouble Wifi
2013-02-25 02:28:39
If on OpenWRT, how do you get back to stock? I would like to test it, but need a safe method to get back to stock.
Otherwise, I will stick with dd-wrt.

Was using stock for a while. Changed wireless mode to "bg mixed" and no more disconnects, then tried only "n" mode, and found my Motorola Milestone wasn't able to connect, so went back to "bg mixed", but then suddenly wireless did the disconnect thing again. Back on dd-wrt.
Options
2013-02-25 02:34:31
You can use for this TFTP server - LINK
Options
2013-02-27 05:21:22
Upgrade to latest firmware released on 2/5/2013 its very stable no issues for me so far ,

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WR740N_V4_130205.zip

:cool:

all the disconnection issues seem to have been resolved with this update , so fire up and let us know the feedback :D
Options
2013-03-05 04:38:52
Latest firmware still not working for me. Wireless just stops working (although I'm still connected). dd-wrt yet again!
When will TP-Link look into this?
Options
2013-03-12 21:57:23

Casper wrote

Latest firmware still not working for me. Wireless just stops working (although I'm still connected). dd-wrt yet again!
When will TP-Link look into this?

I have similar problem. Got a replacement still the same, Tried the above firmware also, Tried all sort of settings, Support personal aren't helping.

Tried dd wrt also, same problem, Wifi radio goes offline in few days. Cant seem to find a way around this so far.
Options
Guys Install Gargoyle
2013-03-17 07:36:47

lnxreddy wrote

I have similar problem. Got a replacement still the same, Tried the above firmware also, Tried all sort of settings, Support personal aren't helping.

Tried dd wrt also, same problem, Wifi radio goes offline in few days. Cant seem to find a way around this so far.

I have tried Openwrt , ddwrt , and the stock firmware from tp-link , there is nothing wrong with openwrt except its not user friendly , u need to know alot of linux to run it ,

ddwrt is super buggy as the factory tp-link firmwares

after trying all above i found the perfect firmware and its called Gargoyle http://www.gargoyle-router.com/

i m running the latest experimental build 1.5.9 which is super stable

i have installed it and since then its running not a single disconnect , so impressive n very user friendly also

Options
2013-03-17 12:15:32

eddyi wrote

I have tried Openwrt , ddwrt , and the stock firmware from tp-link , there is nothing wrong with openwrt except its not user friendly , u need to know alot of linux to run it ,

ddwrt is super buggy as the factory tp-link firmwares

after trying all above i found the perfect firmware and its called Gargoyle http://www.gargoyle-router.com/

i m running the latest experimental build 1.5.9 which is super stable

i have installed it and since then its running not a single disconnect , so impressive n very user friendly also

Thanks Eddyi

I have installed Gargoyle, Will test for couple of days and post my feedback. It was simple to install.
Options
2013-03-18 21:19:45
You r welcome Inxreeddy ;)
Options
2013-03-29 11:04:22
Looks like finally I have a working wifi router that does not go down. Gargoyle seems like doign the magic, Router wifi is responding perfectly ever after 5+days.

root@Tension:~# uptime
08:33:05 up 5 days, 19:53, load average: 0.07, 0.03, 0.05

Thanks guys, you solved a problem of mine that tp-link support could not even understand about.
Options
2013-03-29 17:01:45
I would love to try Gargoyle, but I am a bit weary since I don't see a simple, failsafe way to revert back to stock.
dd-wrt seems to be quite good for me, I rarely get disconnected. I'm currently testing the latest build, and the router has been up for over 2 days now. I'm only on dd-wrt because it's very simple to revert back to stock. Unless you guys can show me what you've done to get back, I might just give Gargoyle a shot.

EDIT:
hmmm.. updated firmware from TP-Link out...TL-WR740N_V4_130322

Modifications and Bug Fixes:

Fixed some vulnerabilities and improved security
Improved wireless connection stability

.......better try it out then.
Options
Related Articles