Intermittent lost of Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-09 12:06:19
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WDR4300_V1_121226(Unifi)

ISP : Unifi

Recently my router have been experiencing an issue with internet connectivity with Unifi.

I will be able to connect to Unifi, the status is "Connected". However after some time though, like 5 - 10 mins, I will be no longer able to browser any pages or get disconnected from online games. Checking through ping tests, I can see that I am unable to get a response. Checking the router shows that I am still connected to Unifi. After a minute or so the connectivity is restored, but the issue happens again as before. This happens with both wireless and cable. Attached is a sample of the ping test result.

Things I have tried:

Updating the firmware to the latest version
[*]Re-configuring the modem
[*]Re-setting the Unif credentials in the router
[*]Downgrading the firmware

The only solution is to not use the router and instead use the Unifi provided one.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Intermittent lost of Internet
2013-02-09 13:27:02
After upgrade the firmware, you should hard reset it, and then reconfigure it.
Sys light should be flashing on. When it happens, please check status of your indicators.
Options
2013-02-09 15:26:11
Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried that just now and tested the connection again. This time the problem is different. Status says I'm connected, but now I cannot access any internet page at all. This is tested through cable.

The Traffic Statistic shows that data is being sent, but nothing is being received.
Options
2013-02-11 08:21:21
I am having a similar problem with WDR-4300, latest firmware and I'm connected via LAN ethernet cable. I have reverted to an earlier firmware and the problem seems to be gone. :-(
Options
2013-02-20 05:05:42

5thave wrote

I am having a similar problem with WDR-4300, latest firmware and I'm connected via LAN ethernet cable. I have reverted to an earlier firmware and the problem seems to be gone. :-(

How did you manage to revert to an older firmware?
(I'm having the same issue on TL-WDR4900)

Hold on... i've been able surf the net for almost 10 minutes now. This is after restoring factory settings, and making sure the 2.4 Ghz SSID is different from the 5Ghz SSID...
Better turn on Bittorrent to doublecheck...
(Had to assign myself a reserved IP and a PortForward/Virtual Server to become connectable)

Still working! Could this be a (the?) solution for you as well? :confused:

Edit: No... After about 15 min my desktop could not connect anymore, torrent transfers had stopped as well.
Options
2013-06-15 10:07:12
An update on the situation I am having as of now (15/06/2013)

I sent the N750 for replacement. After 2 months or so of waiting I finally get it back with a small piece of paper attached saying "No fault". I got back the same unit without it being fixed. I believe they never tested it. Regardless, the unit is still faulty. So I bought a new N750 which states on the box that it supports Unifi. Basically it came shipped with the 121226 firmware.

I setup the new router and the PROBLEM still persist! New unit, same problem! I will lose internet access after 5-10 mins, despite the router saying I'm still connected. After a minute or so, I can gain access to the internet. All this while still being connected to router wirelessly.

I like TP-LINK products that I bought several before, but this N750 issues I'm having and their support is disappointing me. I think I'm going to switch brands soon.
Options
2013-06-16 14:04:48
On WDR4900, is it possible to turn off the hardware NAT and then test the connections?
Options
2013-06-17 20:59:46

burn-x wrote

An update on the situation I am having as of now (15/06/2013)

I sent the N750 for replacement. After 2 months or so of waiting I finally get it back with a small piece of paper attached saying "No fault". I got back the same unit without it being fixed. I believe they never tested it. Regardless, the unit is still faulty. So I bought a new N750 which states on the box that it supports Unifi. Basically it came shipped with the 121226 firmware.

I setup the new router and the PROBLEM still persist! New unit, same problem! I will lose internet access after 5-10 mins, despite the router saying I'm still connected. After a minute or so, I can gain access to the internet. All this while still being connected to router wirelessly.

I like TP-LINK products that I bought several before, but this N750 issues I'm having and their support is disappointing me. I think I'm going to switch brands soon.

Did you disable the IGMP Proxy? (Network/LAN menu)
Options
Your problem sounds very similar to mine
2013-09-06 13:32:39
Burn x

Your problem is almost identical to the one I had (had the unit since March 2013 with the December 2012 firmware). Recently I upgraded the firmware to the June 2013 version, which fixed most of my WAN connectivity problems. I reckon if you haven't already grab the latest firmware.
Options
2013-09-09 11:05:47
It seems like a DNS proxy failure , you can try to use a different DNS server like 8.8.8.8

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1039

Replies: 9

Related Articles