Laserjet 1018 on TL-PS310U
I just got a PS310U unit in good working order. Firmware is updated to the version that prevents the server from losing network connectivity. I'm trying to link up my Laserjet 1018 with the device and I'm not getting anywhere. I have Win10 machines in my home network.
From my main system (which the printer works fine on when plugged in directly), I try the following:
1) Set static IP address in the server's web interface.
2) Install the MFP and Storage server (sees the printer and connects to it)
3) Add printer using procedures I've found online:
* TP link steps: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/929/
* thorough youtube steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJ5MYZGpQM
4) Tried variations on lpr (lpr1 vs. lpr2), enabled/disabled bidirectional support, enabled/disabled lpr byte counting...
5) Completely uninstalled existing drivers, reinstalled just the basic driver.
Nothing works. The server sees the printer but test page printing, text file printing...nothing works. the printer shows "locally connected" in the server, but when i send a test page from the main system, i get a "printer busy or error" message.
At a loss for what to do next. Suggestions, please? Thanks!