Laptop connected to WiFi but no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-29 14:52:19 - last edited 2020-09-29 14:57:05
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

Hello,

I have 3 Deco M4R units, connected to a Huawei B715 4G router, Access Point Mode.

The system is working great except for one of my devices, my work laptop, which keeps losing the internet connection randomly.

Just like many other "no internet" threads on the forum, the computer remains connected to the WiFi but loses the internet connection, showing "no internet" in the WiFi menu down there.

I usually get this 2-3 times a day, sometimes not a single time (rare) and sometimes it's just impossible to remain connected like today which led me to finally write here in the hope that I can avoid returning everything and getting another brand. Working from home today I had no other option than tethering with my phone in order to join a conference call...

Here is the computer info: Lenovo ThinkPad (2020) with Windows 10 Business installed (64bits).

I have many other devices connected to the Deco system, including another Windows laptop, that don't seem to have any issue.

I tried the guest WiFi solution, didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Laptop connected to WiFi but no internet connection
2020-10-04 16:33:22

@Nounouf did you get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue. My laptop is unusable in the kitchen, but fine in the lounge. Mine is also a Lenovo, Yoga.

Options
Re:Laptop connected to WiFi but no internet connection
2020-10-04 21:15:14

@skinnep1 nope. I connect to my modem's WiFi instead.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 2

Related Articles