WDR3600 WAN - LAN Bridge?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-09 20:21:05
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : V1

ISP : Kabel Deutschland

Hello,

is it possible to have the wdr3600 as wan-lan bridge, without nat but with firewall and qos?

Situation: The cable isp enforce customers to his hitronhub, this device offers dhcp and nat for the network. The wdr3600 is planned as network expansion to have a better wifi and more lan plugs available. I can still plug the cable from hitron to lan-1 to have lan-2 to lan-3 as dumb switch. But a bridge wan-lan looks much better.

Have tried to disable nat and firewall, set static ip on wan. But the firmware deny wan and lan on same subnet. What is missing here?

Tuxnet-HH
Options
4 Reply
Re:WDR3600 WAN - LAN Bridge?
2013-02-12 08:22:17
If you want this, you must ask your ISP to switch off the router function in the modem. Then it's a bridge and you can connect the modem to the WDR3600's WAN port, so that it can pick up the WAN's IP-address. In Holland Kabel-ISP Ziggo offers that possibilty with Cisco modems..

Another possibility is to set up your WDR3600 as an accesspoint. Give the WDR3600 a fixed IP-address high in the range of the modem (outside the DHCP range) and switch off DHCP. Then connect the modem to a LAN-port of the WDR3600. Then the IP-adresses are supplied by the modem's DHCP-server, but you do not use any security function of the WDR3600.

Additionally you switch off the modem's Wifi.

Regards, Hugo
Options
2013-02-19 04:36:17
Thanks, found the way to set hitron as bridge. Now the lan runs faster, seems to be more power in the nat than in the hitron device.

Tuxnet-HH
Options
2013-02-21 09:56:14
Glad you solved it; this is the best solution. There sure is more power in the NAT, as it is a hardware NAT and modems like the hitron are always a compromise in their router function.
I still have to ask my ISP to put the Cisco modem in bridge mode and sure will do. For the time i switched off the firewall in the modem, which gave me a lot more speed.

Hugo
Options
2015-01-30 16:49:48
You can give a fix IP for your router that is in the same subnet as your WAN and than you should shut down the DHCP. After that you can connect your cable not in the WAN port but in the LAN port. Your router is now a switch with wireless funktion. But you don't have any firewall with this solution and you will loose one LAN port too. :(
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1203

Replies: 4

Related Articles