No internet access - Archer C20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-30 12:34:41
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.2.1 v0044.0

Model: ARCHER  C20  (C20 not in dropdown list)

Hi folks,

Every now and then my Archer C20 does not want to give me any internet.

Here's the setup:

It is setup as Wi-Fi with a fiber box plugged in. Two long Ethernet cables run to rooms far away from the router. So, the router is used for WiFi and with the Ethernet cables.

1x Desktop computer with Ethernet cable

1x TP router (setup as access point) with Ethernet cable

4x Laptops (Wi-Fi)

3x iPhones (Wi-Fi)  are the devices that use internet throughout.

I sometimes get no internet after i downloaded a lot of torrents. I will download torrents right through the night, and internet will be fine through the next day until the evening and then it just tells me  "no internet access" Yet everything is fine at our ISP.

Also, my father does video conferencing daily, and i have to switch off the router close to midnight in order for him to have uninterrupted internet throughout the next working day. I do this every night except on weekends.

In the mornings, i switch back on and most days our internet is fine throughout the day. But two mornings ago, i switched the internet on, after being off right through the night. Then after being on for about 30 mins, it went off again. Then i leave it off for about 40 mins, switch it back on and it's fine during the day.

These are the two problems i am experiencing. To some these might seem not like big problems, but we cannot afford to have the internet go off especially during business hours when using video conferencing.

The funny thing is, when the internet goes off, and i look at our router and fibre box. all the lights are on. All the lights are blue on the Archer C20 and yellow on the fibre box. Yet, no internet. It always is like this when the internet is off. Unless it's organge on the Archer when the ISP has problems.

We have uncapped unshaped 50mb fibre.

Please assist

Appreciate any help

Thanks in advance

Yanchri Gerber

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 0

Related Articles