TL-SG105s no lights on the network ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-30 18:01:56
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

TP-link 5-port Dekstop Switch - TL-SG105S

Switch doesn't seem to recognise any of my computers. I'd expect the network ports to flash even if the network wasn't configured but there's no activity.

Looking at the trouble shooting:

1. Plugged in the power - power light is green

2. Connected network lead from port 2 to port 4 - so a link lead connecting two ports on the same switch (so talking to itself ) 

I was expecting the the network ports to flash as it recognised a cable being plugged in.

• I've tried differed port combinations
  • I've tried different cables - including those I use on a daily basis 

Any ideas?

Is there a hardware reset combination ?

Does the self test require specific port being used?

These probably aren't the greatest cables but I'd expect the lights to at least recognise the cable and flash a little

Apologies - I'm a networking novice....

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG105s no lights on the network ports
2020-10-07 11:43:09 - last edited 2020-10-07 11:43:24

Dear @listeniwan,

Is there a hardware reset combination ?

I'm afraid not. The TL-SG105S is an unmanaged switch, there is no reset option.

Does the self test require specific port being used?

No, it doesn't. Actually you can test on any two ports. 

If the link LEDs light up properly with the loop test, that means the Ethernet ports of the switch are working fine.

It could be the cable or negotiation issue, you may read the following guide to troubleshoot the issue.

What can I do if the Ethernet LED indicators on the Unmanaged Switch are off

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2021-11-30 03:53:35

@Fae I am having the same problem. I only get the power on light and a light blink when booting the switch. After that no lights and no internet on all ports. I have tried waiting for hours, all different port (one by one) with different cables and still nothing. Please help.

Options
2021-12-01 01:03:11

Dear @tokyoaudiofan,

tokyoaudiofan wrote

I am having the same problem. I only get the power on light and a light blink when booting the switch. After that no lights and no internet on all ports. I have tried waiting for hours, all different port (one by one) with different cables and still nothing. Please help.

It seems the network ports are faulty. It's suggested to contact the reseller for a warranty replacement.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3383

Replies: 3

Related Articles