Need advice on PoE Accesspoint

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-01 01:14:07

Good evening,

I need advice on a good PoE Access point ceiling type or wallmount type.This is for a customer that needs to implement wifi on his office and his ceiling is acoustic panels so not sure if a ceiling type access point will hold so that being said i need to also consider a wallmount type access point. The reason why i need it to be PoE is because there is no electricity connections available on the ceiling or near by. Any advice will be gladly appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Need advice on PoE Accesspoint
2020-10-04 07:23:33

Dear @eliwwjd,

You may try “Network Deployment Advisor for Small and Midsize Businesses” system for suggestion.
https://www.tp-link.com/smb/select-product/

Here is the guidance of the Network Deployment Advisor system for your reference.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/207736

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Need advice on PoE Accesspoint
2020-11-04 03:48:35

eliwwjd wrote

Good evening,

I need advice on a good PoE Access point ceiling type or wallmount type.This is for a customer that needs to implement wifi on his office and his ceiling is acoustic panels so not sure if a ceiling type access point will hold so that being said i need to also consider a wallmount type access point. The reason why i need it to be PoE is because there is no electricity connections available on the ceiling or near by. Any advice will be gladly appreciated.

@eliwwjd To specifically answer your question about the ceiling mount into acoustic tiles...you should be fine. The AP's are very light and the kit includes some large washers and lag screws to run through the tile and support the weight. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 2

Related Articles