Ethernet ports Not Working in Range Extender mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-03 05:10:56 - last edited 2020-10-07 13:37:03
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Greetings

I have set up a brand-new TL-WR940N in Range Extender mode (it's actually only around 5 or 6 metres from the main router/AP).

After the initial setup it appears to be working fine BUT I cannot get any device to work plugged into one of the LAN ports. Nothing plugged in gets an IP address from the DHCP server on my main router (which dishes them out for everything else).

Can anyone confirm that the LAN ports should be working correctly in Range Extender mode please?

Thanks

Nigel.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet ports Not Working in Range Extender mode
2020-10-07 08:13:57 - last edited 2020-10-07 13:37:03
BUMP - Anyone?
Options
Re:Ethernet ports Not Working in Range Extender mode
2020-10-08 02:36:06

I truly cannot believe how bad Technical Support from TP-Link is. It goes beyond bad to bloody awful.

I bought a TL-WR940N router to install for a customer.

It doesn't work in Range Extender mode so I post here on the forum as TP-Link suggested.

That was five days ago - and I got nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

If this forum was a Western town there would be tumbleweed blowing through it.

So then I try their "live" chat. Hah! "Live"? More like dead. I start a session, enter all the details and get "You are number 1 in the queue". So I wait. I wait almost half an hour and no one is online.

So then I try to post on the support page via their fill-in form. Press "Send" and get a message tha just tells me that it "failed".

FFS - how am I supposed to run a business?

I will never, and I mean never, touch this company or their products again. And I will tell everyone I come across in the business the same thing.

Furious does not describe it.

Options