Connection drops out and adaptor gets hot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-03 06:15:26
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1030.22.405.2017

Hi, 

I have had the TP-Link Archer T9UH V2 network adaptor for about a month and about 4 days ago I would lose network/internet connection. This is to the point where the adaptor is no longer seen.

I have also noticed that it gets super hot to the touch which doesn't seem right.

I uninstalled the driver and installed the latest version, moved it's position to see if it was a heat issue. It's dropping out during game play of assassin's creed but not MTGA. I also work from home an haven't had any issues with connection during then.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Cheers,

skitlz

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection drops out and adaptor gets hot
2020-10-10 10:00:34

@Kathy_Z Haven't tested on the 2.4ghz band but since moving it to where a breeze comes through an it hasn't gotten as hot. Haven't had any connection drops either.

So it no longer shows as a device in the manager and I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

Options
Re:Connection drops out and adaptor gets hot
2020-10-10 14:07:49
Also I'll add that standard usage, plus von remote working use is running fine. I noticed it would happen about 3-4 times in 30 minutes, did some googling, then reinstalled the latest drivers. It happened once more an then moved it after unplugging and replugging. Hasn't happened since.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 903

Replies: 3