Clarification on Tx Power (EIRP) on EAP225v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-03 08:24:08

I read from manual:

If this value is set to be larger than the maximum transmit power that is allowed by the local regulation, the regulated maximum transmit power will be applied in the actual situation. Note: In most cases, it is unnecessary to use the maximum transmit power. Specifying a larger transmit power than needed may cause interference to the neighborhood. Also it consumes more power and reduces longevity of the device.

My EAP 225v3 shows:

Few questions (I'm doing a 3 AP deployment, on 1-6-11 channel at 20MHz respectively, one per floor, big walls):

1. does this mean I can set a value from 10 to 20?
  2. what is more powerful? 10 or 20?
  3. what should I put? Of course more power means better reception, but I also suspect more interference and RF pollution.

Thanks a lot

Options
1 Reply
Re:Clarification on Tx Power (EIRP) on EAP225v3
2020-10-04 08:10:11

Dear @joe-wifi,

In theory, 20 is more powerful than 10. And you are correct, a larger Tx power is not always better, because larger Tx power also means more interference to the adjacent APs. In the actual wireless environment, if there is wireless interference occurred among the adjacent APs, it’s recommended to decrease the Tx power for reducing the wireless interference for better wireless performance.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2314

Replies: 1

Related Articles