Deco X20 packet loss with computer connected to Deco Ethernet port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 01:16:34
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hello,

I have a problem with packet loss on my desktop computer and need to fix it. 
System is configured like this:

Xfinity 1Gig internet

Cable modem = Arris SB8200 (brand new)

10' Cat 6 cable to Deco X20 main unit

2 Deco X20 slave units at other points in the house connected to main unit via wireless. 

Wifi works great!!

However, the packet loss of the main X20 while gaming is horrendous!!

I have a desktop gaming computer connected via Cat 6 cable to the 2nd Ethernet port on the main X20 unit. I am getting very high packet loss when gaming. Very frustrating, so bad that it's not worth gaming. 

I have isolated the problem to the X20 by connecting the computer Ethernet to the modem and there is no packet loss.

I tried installing a TP-Link network switch after the modem and plugged both the X20 and the computer into the switch. Computer works great, again no packet loss. But the X20 does not connect.

So I am asking for help in configuring the X20 to not cause packet loss, or configuring it to connect to the internet through the network switch and modem. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 packet loss with computer connected to Deco Ethernet port
2020-10-05 00:54:55

@Mwess1113 

Try switching one of the other Deco's to be the main (in the app and physically) and see what happens.

BTW, plugging the switch into the modem will not work - the switch can only be plugged into the router, which in this case is one of your X20s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 902

Replies: 1