Archer AX20 PC is loosing wired connection on upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 09:44:57 - last edited 2020-10-04 10:05:28
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200527 rel.22637(4555)

Hello,

I have a problem, when I upload with a higher speed (say over 2MB/sec), after a few seconds of high speed upload I loose my wired connection to the router.
My ethernet is a 2.5Gbps and my ISP connection is 1Gbit, using a PC with cat7 cable that I bought specifically because I have 2.5Gbps ethernet (Realtek 8125B).

I've bought this router to use instead of the ONT provided by my ISP as I've started having more devices and was not working properly with all of them (8 devices).

Speedtest results: https://www.speedtest.net/result/10193127925.png

I get this problem constantly on torrents and uploads to FTPs.
I tried limiting number of connections to 10 and had no success. The problem persists.

I enabled QoS and you can see in realtime the traffic for each device. I haven't enabled priority for any of the devices though.
When I get around this 2MB/sec after about 4-5seconds I loose connection. I track this by running a ping -t command and my ping to google.com returns Request timed out and then General failure, after about 10seconds the connection is back to normal.

I've added limiters to the upload speed to 1MB/sec for Filezilla and qBittorrent, both have a 10 connection limit. The problem is still here, just that it manifests after a couple minutes this time around, 2-5mins. If I upload my site in less than 2 mins the connection is not lost, but if I have more media then it'll take longer and that makes my pc loose the connection to the router.

EDIT: When I do the speed test I always loose connection for 4-5seconds.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 490

Replies: 0

Related Articles