Only changing one of my Deco M5s to be an access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 14:12:11
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 20200725 Rel. 63377

I have 3 deco M5s proving wifi throughout my home. I also bought an outdoor CPE210 configured as an access point (AP) to beam internet to my shed out back. At the shed, I have another outdoor CPE210 configured as a client. To this setup I would like to install a 4th Deco M5 to act as an access point rather than a router (since the client CPE210 is already the router). Is it possible to only change the deco m5 in the shed to be an AP? Opening the app does not give me the flexibility to change the function of individual units rather it seems to be all or nothing. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Only changing one of my Deco M5s to be an access point
2020-10-04 19:54:10

@smigs You need to create a separate network for your shed for the 4th Deco M5 to be able to work as access point.

1. Reset the 4th Deco M5

2. Open the Deco App-> Click on Create New Network

3. Create a Separate New Network with 4th Deco as the Main Node and you can  set this M5 in access point mode.

Options