Dead Zone Room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dead Zone Room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dead Zone Room
Dead Zone Room
2020-10-05 23:32:00 - last edited 2020-10-05 23:35:16
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.43

I have 3 Deco units. The Main unit is placed to the far left of my upstairs. It is the ONLY place in the house that the phone jack and coaxial cable both have outlets together. So it is stuck there.  I do not have the resources to buy anything else new, so please do not suggest that I  purchase something else. I thought this would solve my WiFi problems but it is not happening.

So please try to picture this... Main unit, far left of the upstairs, 2nd unit far right.  I don't live in a mansion, so it is about 40 feet from one end to the other.  In between is a full bathroom, and on three sides of the bathroom are bedrooms. One of the bedrooms to the side of the bathroom gets pretty decent signal, the one on the other side is just okay, but not very good for my son, the gamer. However, the bedroom on the far side of the house (and through the bathroom) gets 1.77Mbps-3.49Mbps despite the 3rd Deco unit sitting right next to it.  And that speed is for any device which is put in that room.  I currently do not have a neighbor on that side, so no WiFi interference there.  I have researched just about everything that I could to figure this out, but it is insane.  If I wire my desktop in that room with an Ethernet cable, I get 230Mbps-250Mbps, so it is not the unit, I even switched it with the one that I placed in the downstairs, so I know that it is not the unit; both act the same in this location.

I have moved things all around the house but no luck. I CANNOT move the Main unit because I still have a landline (which I love & need in my house) requiring the phone jack, and of course, the coax cable as well.  My modem is an all in one, so I MUST keep both in that location.

The one that I placed downstairs is working fine and doing it's job.

Any ideas???  I am weary from this!

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

A Damsel In Distress

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dead Zone Room
2020-10-07 17:30:22
It sounds like there is interference of some sort in that room. Interference isn't just from neighbours, it could be from cabling, walls, microwave ovens, electric showers, etc.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1

Related Articles