TL-WR902AC v3 no internet access through my phone hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-06 16:06:38 - last edited 2020-10-07 06:37:00
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.3 v0089.0 Build 191018 Rel.34369n(4555)

Hi All.

Yesterday my ISP had an outage all day so I spent my time constructively looking for a solution where I could use my phones mobile hotsport to connect my entire home network to the internet, I came upon the TL-WR902AC. With client mode this seemed to provide exactly what i needed at a very reasonable price, I am unable to get internet access though.

I've set the switch to client mode and completed the initial client mode configuration on my laptop, I've configured the LAN port with a fixed IP address as this will be connecting into my firewall, port configured as an outside interface 192.168.30.100 with TP Link LAN port 192.168.30.101, ACL's in place to permit inbound IP traffic and I can ping from my desktop through my network to the TP Link LAN interface, but not out to the internet.

On my phone I can see there is 1 device connected to my hotspot, there is no IP address assigned and the MAC address is close but not the same as the TP Link wireless interface. My phone records the connected MAC as 3e:84:6a:0c:8b:dc with TP Link recording it's 2.4GHz wireless interface as 3c:84:6a:4c:8b:dc.

Usually my phone will provide a DHCP address to any connected wireless device, for instance if I connect my laptop to my hotspot my laptop wireless interface will receive the appropriate IP and Gateway addresses. It doesn't seem to work this way with the TP Link wireless interface.

Have I got this all wrong, will the TP Link TL-WR902AC not tether to my mobile hotspot and provide my mobile internet to the connected LAN?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Phill.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 0