Deco M4R unstable (connected in AP mode as a star in wireless backhaul or as Ethernet backhaul)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4R unstable (connected in AP mode as a star in wireless backhaul or as Ethernet backhaul)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 10:35:00 - last edited 2020-10-07 10:45:58
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

Hi,

1) AP mode with Ethernet backhaul

Just yesterday I had replaced EAP115 AP's and  installed new mesh 3 pack M4 network and it was first deployed in AP mode as a star topology connected to to Miktrotik RB260GSP gigabit switch.

So the setup is following ISP---[Ethernet]----Mikrotik HEX S Router----[Ethernet]----Miktrotik Gig Switch----[3xEthernet]---3xDeco M4

One of M4 obviously becomes as Main one.

Firmware was upgraded to latest one.

First impression the product UX is excellent, for some technicians you might want to have more tools however it look really good. 

However after start testing and using it seems product very unstable and it has been observed that Main and Satelite Deco's randomly disconnecting or having some issues, basically it start blinking red or permanent red.

Well it might be something Ethernet. Let's then try wifi backhaul:

2) AP mode with Wifi backhaul

setup is following ISP---[Ethernet]----Mikrotik HEX S Router----[Ethernet]----Miktrotik Gig Switch----[1xEthernet]---1x Main Deco M4 ----[WiFi backhauling] ----2xSatelite Deco's M4.

And things are pretty much the same, once in a while Main Deco or Satelites Deco's becoming Red (blinking or permanent) . 

As well it was observed stability while streaming, speed testing. Sometime it stuck or speed are unpredictable (mainly because of Deco's where facing some issues/disconnects).

Is there anything to improve the situation with M4? I do really want to connect them trought Ethernet to get a maximum what I can that's why I bought gigabit version of M4.

p.s. with tplink eap115 ap's at least I had a stable network however without 5Ghz, mesh support etc. There was small issues however it is ok.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 0