Deco M5 Does Not select the strongest signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 13:56:02 - last edited 2020-10-10 10:11:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.15

Hey everyone,

I just bought 2 packs of Deco M5 (6 items). From my first impression, it works great, and the WIFI signal strength was extremely improved.

But I experiencing an issue. My house is 5 floors, unfortunately, it is impossible to connect some of the Deco devices by Ethernet cable except the main Deco. Hence I placed a Deco device on each floor, in strategy points. But it seems like some of the units are connected to the main Deco instead of to the closest unit with the strongest WIFI signal. 

For example, the basement's Deco device connecting to the main Deco which located 2 floors above, instead of to be connected to another Deco device located on the door of this room.

My questions are

• why it's happened? After all, there is no chance that the WIFI signal from the main Deco(Located 2 floors above) is stronger than the other Deco device located in 4 meters distance. 
  • I made a short overview in this forum and it seems like there is no way to force the selected source signal. So. what can I do in order to fix this issue?

Thank you all!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Does Not select the strongest signal
2020-10-10 04:26:17

@DecoMember 

I have also same issue and i don't get any solution and waiting for there ans and solution.

Tariqul I. Support Admin APT COM https://aptctg.com
Options
2020-10-10 10:07:36 - last edited 2020-10-10 10:13:35

@Tariq83 

I thinking about disconnecting the main deco, in order to force the problematic unit to connect to another point.

What do you think? Did you try it? 

Options
2020-10-10 10:34:55

@DecoMember 

Thanks for your replay. I have 3 pack Deco and for this issue i change every deco and tried it but nothing help me. I have some extra issue also. I am new this community and i thing i will open new ticket in future and after we will discuss about our issue. 1st i check old post and if i found solution its good otherwise i will raise new post. I just put my all problem here. See:

1/ Can't change 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. My device not connect with 5 ghz. Only my Laptop connect with 5 ghz, Other all device connected with 2.4 ghz but every mobile have good 5 ghz signal.

2/ Antivirus block my personal working site and IP and i can't remove from Antivirus option. 

3/ My deco don't have information, how much i user bandwidth every day and every month. So, i don't know how much Bandwidth we used.

4/ Our mobile device not exchange there deco device. If my mobile connected with deco 1, whole house its connected with deco 1, if i go to near deco 3, my mobile not connectd with deco 3. Its all time connect with deco 1. I don't know why this?

Those issue i found now. 

Thanks for your replay.

Tariqul I. Support Admin APT COM https://aptctg.com
Options
2020-10-11 05:44:26
Same problem here
Options
2020-10-31 10:58:34

same problem here, doesn't make sense. TPLink please add option to manually select signal source, and/or fix the algorithms

Options
2020-11-08 23:01:39

I have the same issue as well and getting crazy, thinking of throwing my 5 Decos to trash and buying Ubiquity instead.

Options
2021-01-09 12:14:04

@DecoMember is there a timeframe for this issue to be fixed? I am also experiencing the same issue and it is very, very frustrating. My signal is now worse than my previous system

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1423

Replies: 7

Related Articles