Kasa failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa failure
Kasa failure
2020-10-10 08:25:26

I have 4x TP-link HS100 smart plugs. They have always worked fine, except for the fact that every time I have to reboot my router, it becomes necessary to go around and physically switch the power on and off to make them reconnect. It's like they just don't try to reconnect if the connection is lost. 

Today it was necessary to reboot my router, and once again I went around and restarted my power plugs, an they seemed to reconnect ok.

But, Amazon echo devices were not able to use them. Even though they acknowledged the voice command. 

On further investigation, it seems that for some reason Kasa app, now showed all smart plugs to be 'local only'. 

After a big of digging around, it seems there used to be a remote toggle switch in an older version, but this was removed in a later update, and it is instead just default enabled. 

This is fine when it works, but obviously right now, its not working. From what I read, the only recourse is to remove the devices and readd them. So i try to remove one of the devices, and it seems like it just stalls the app. 

So i try to log out of the app.. same thing happens. Reload the app several times. No change. 

Reboot my phone. No change. 

Fine, uninstall the app, and reinstall the app. Done.

Now it will not login. It's like it just sits there spinning a wheel until eventually it pops up with "You currently have no network connection. Please check your network and try again". 

Quite obviously, my network connection is fine or I wouldn't be writing this. Never the less, I have rebooted my router several times to no avail. 

I have checked tp-link server status and it says everything is fine. Clearly it's not. 

Please advise.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa failure
2020-10-23 03:13:20

@dchristian 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number of your home router?

Where are you located and how long have you had the smart plugs?

Did all 4 of them have the same issue: after the router reboots itself, the plugs failed to reconnect and sometimes showed local only?

Have you update the firmware of the HS100 to be the latest one  and also update the APP to be the latest version?

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot.

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 1

Related Articles