Chromecast not working after purchasing Archer ax10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 08:20:21 - last edited 2020-10-11 08:22:04
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20200827 rel 40928

I have 2 chromecasts in my house. One is a gen 2 and one is in a 2018 sony android tv. Since i bought the router and upgraded it's firmware the cast button doesn't seem to appear on any of my devices. I need to restart the router for the cast button to work, u til the next day of course. 

In the settings i mainly have everything as it came from the factory: auto, channel and frequency auto etc.

Can you help me?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Chromecast not working after purchasing Archer ax10
2020-11-07 02:14:54

@Ferydaboss 

Hi - I got the same issue like you after upgraded to the latest firmware.  So I played around with the router settings as below, and able to cast to Chromecast within the last 48 hours without any issues so far.  Thought I share it with you.  Good lucks.

In your router settings, go to "Advanced" --> "Network" --> "IPTV/VLAN", then change the "IGMP Version" to V3, and save.

Options
Re:Chromecast not working after purchasing Archer ax10
2020-11-07 07:09:32

@A.T.1323 

Thanks, will give that a try if it does it again. After playing around with the width and length (bandwith) and after that their support told me to change the MTU size... That was not a good idea (had few very wierd happeni gs when trying to work from home via remote desktop apps, after settimg everything back as it was, it is now working... Altough it is the same settings as before... Really wierd..

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1203

Replies: 2

Related Articles