Unable to toggle the guest network, led/night mode, wifi roaming and a lot of my new M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to toggle the guest network, led/night mode, wifi roaming and a lot of my new M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-13 06:08:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200921 Rel. 42500

I have recently purchased Deco M9 Plus (2 pack). I have set them up as router (not accesspoint) mode. The default functionalities are working good so far.
But when I am trying to toggle some options including, Guest network, WiFi roaming, Led/Night mode, etc, it is not working. For example, when I am going to the "Led" menu and ticked the tick box which says "Night mode", it ticked. It shows that, it is turned on! But nothing happens to my router. If I click back to close the deco app, and revisit the "Led" menu, I find that, the tick box (Night mode) is again unticked. The same thing happens with the other menus like guest network.
Finally, I used my Google home device (MI Smart Speaker) and after a lot of trials and errors, I have abled to turn on my guest network. Now, my guest network is turned on using Google home device. But I cannot turn it off using my deco app.
I have even tried to turn the night mode on using my Google home device. I have tried a lot of phrases. But no luck this time!
The bottom line is, the toggles are not working from the deco app!
After getting my router, I got 2 firmware updates (one was just yesterday) and I updated them successfully. My deco app is also up-to-date. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the deco app with no luck!
I called the TP-Link customer care (India) as well. The lady picked up the call may have not heard about deco. After some murmuring, she told me that, the someone from the senior department will call me within 2 hours. But more than 2 days have been passed. Nobody called me!
I am using Moto G5S Plus with Android 8.1. Any clue?
Pradip

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 0