Issues with Deco M3W

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with Deco M3W

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Issues with Deco M3W
Issues with Deco M3W
2020-10-15 18:48:26 - last edited 2020-10-15 18:49:59
Model: Deco M3W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20191202 Rel. 63124

Hi,

I have a WiFi Mesh network with these TP-LINK devices:

• 3 x DECO P9, firmware 1.0.5 1.1.2 Build 20200918 Rel. 74476
  • 1 x M3W, firmware 1.0.5 Build 20191202 Rel. 63124

The DECOs P9 works correctly. I just bought an additional M3W node, and I see some issues with it:

1) I can't access the M3W node website. It gives me an error: "Not Found. The requested URL /webpages/login.html was not found on this server."

2) The Wi-Fi network of the M3W has WPA activated, and I can't update the firmware from the DECO APP so that it can be deactivated (Deco P9 has only WPA2).

3) From the Main DECO website I try to update the last beta firmware of the M3W manually and I can't either. It seems to upload it by hitting update then it doesn't do anything else.

4) I have noticed that the M3W roaminn does not work like the other P9 nodes. The device always stays connected even though it has almost no Wi-Fi signal ( as a repeater and not mesh node)

5) I can't see the clients connected to M3W.

6) I can't se how is M3W connected to the other nodes.

Is this the normal operation of the M3W, or is the device faulty?

Thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Issues with Deco M3W
2020-10-17 21:39:17

@Jose_Angel 

Same here. Have 2 Deco M5. Just got M3W and it behaves like typical repeater. Feel cheated 

Options
2020-10-18 10:13:27

@Jose_Angel 

@netguru 

@TP-Link_Deco 

Information to developers:

I have performed several more tests with my mobile devices (Samsung A50) and laptop (HP x360) testing the problem with roaming and M3W:

*  First, I tried to activated the entire network to WPA/WPA2 security, and both devices work properly by roaming from one node to another.

*  Then I put back the security only WPA2, and the problem is repeated with the mobile (I tried two other Samsung mobile models and the same thing happens).
However, the laptop roaming with the M3W is ok (I don’t understand why the difference).

I think the problem arises from the different firmware. The DECO P9 is official and updated, the M3W does not allow me to update it with the beta version. I don't know if when it gets official it can be updated from the App without any problems. Manually from the Main Deco website it does not.

I tested in AP mode and Router mode and the behavior is the same. Regarding the M3W I have read that the current firmware version has no web interface, it does not allow to know the connected clients or the nodes to which it links.

I would need to know about TP-Link support if there is any other way to manual update the Beta version or when the beta would be official to upgrade from the App.

Thanks.

Options
2020-10-19 08:49:18

@Jose_Angel 

Sorry...which Beta firmware are we talking about? Are you saying that the Beta release has fix for this issue? 

TP Link support in India seems horrible. I'm just not able to get thru phone and chat option lets you only talk to Bot :( 

Options
2020-10-19 09:08:15

@netguru 

Hi,

Review this post: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/227662

I have not been able to update the Deco M3W firmware to this beta, so I don't know if this will solve any of that issues.

Options
2020-10-29 07:07:03
Thank you so much. I was able to upgrade my M3W to beta and now it is working perfectly fine. I'm able to seamlessly roam from M5 to M3W
Options
2020-10-29 09:03:34

@netguru @TP-Link_Deco 

Ok. Very good news. That confirms the problem with roaming among Decos is fixed with the beta version.

My problem is tah my DECO M3Wt doesn't allow me to update the firmware to the beta version, despite having tried everything indicated in guide and forum. I haven't had a response from for community TP-Link support, and I have communicated it to support in Spain. I'm waiting support response to manual update with some software tool, or from the App if it firmware becomes official. I hope a solution soon.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2367

Replies: 6

Related Articles