Help! I didn't follow the controller migration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-16 01:54:27 - last edited 2020-10-16 05:53:02
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.4.0

I downloaded config backup and removed software controller on my old computer. Then I  set up software controller on another computer and restored the backup. But the APs showed up as not compatible with the controller! And no clients were shown connected although I can get wifi access fine.

Could this be due to my not following the migration guide? Could I salvage this by re-installing it on my old computer? Or I need to factory reset APs and start everything from scratch?

thanks alot,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help! I didn't follow the controller migration-Solution
2020-10-16 04:03:09 - last edited 2020-10-16 05:53:02

Thanks. Somehow the new controller didn't show firmware upgrade options. I finally got everything fixed with the following steps: 1) re-installed controller on my old PC and adopt the 2 APs 2) migrated them to new controller 3) now the new controller had a button "rolling upgrade firmware" on the 2 APs, and I triggered upgrade 4) finally 2 APs got adopted and connected to the new controller and I can see all the stats and configs.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Help! I didn't follow the controller migration
2020-10-16 03:29:48 - last edited 2020-10-16 03:30:40

Dear @westforest,

But the APs showed up as not compatible with the controller! And no clients were shown connected although I can get wifi access fine.

It's because that the Controller you are using is Omada SDN Controller (V4.1.5), which can configure and manage only the EAP devices with SDN supported firmware. To get it to work with the controller, please download and upgrade the EAP firmware accordingly.

Here is the firmware download link for the EAP245 v3 for you. https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/eap245/v3/#Firmware 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Help! I didn't follow the controller migration-Solution
2020-10-16 04:03:09 - last edited 2020-10-16 05:53:02

Thanks. Somehow the new controller didn't show firmware upgrade options. I finally got everything fixed with the following steps: 1) re-installed controller on my old PC and adopt the 2 APs 2) migrated them to new controller 3) now the new controller had a button "rolling upgrade firmware" on the 2 APs, and I triggered upgrade 4) finally 2 APs got adopted and connected to the new controller and I can see all the stats and configs.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Help! I didn't follow the controller migration
2020-10-16 05:52:56

Dear @westforest,

Somehow the new controller didn't show firmware upgrade options. I finally got everything fixed with the following steps: 1) re-installed controller on my old PC and adopt the 2 APs 2) migrated them to new controller 3) now the new controller had a button "rolling upgrade firmware" on the 2 APs, and I triggered upgrade 4) finally 2 APs got adopted and connected to the new controller and I can see all the stats and configs.

Thank you for writing back and sharing us with your solution. Glad to hear that your concern was finally resolved.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 3

Related Articles