Best set up for m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Best set up for m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Best set up for m5
Best set up for m5
2020-10-17 11:55:09 - last edited 2020-10-17 12:01:55
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys.. I've ordered my m5 triple pack that arrives today.. Just a quick question on my current set up. 

I've got a virgin sh4 on modem mode connected to a D link 552 router that has several devices connected (wired). I've got a couple of repeaters one in another room downstairs and another upstairs.   I also have a switch upstairs connected to the main router (dlink) 

So am I best setting up the 1st deco as an AP connected to the D'link router so I still have the wired devices working etc.. 

Can I connect the second one to the switch upstairs for the best signal because it'll be effectively wired and the third will be sat in the front room via WiFi.   Would only the wired ones be connected as AP and not the non wired one? 

Is this the best way to do it in my set up or should I use the 1st deco direct to the virgin hub and maybe use the router as an AP upstairs? Guess it's the same thing really I'll still need to get a switch for the first deco connected to the router if I took the second option to allow me to hard wire the devices in the room? TIA

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 0

Related Articles