TL-WA730RE - unable to see local device, but internet is OK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-12 01:00:01
Region : UnitedKingdom
Model : TL-WA730RE
Hardware Version : V1
Firmware Version : 3.12.3 Build 100921 Rel.51406n
ISP : Sky Broadband Unlimited

Got a bit of a weird problem with TL-WA730RE v1.1 I have which is in Range Extender mode.

Current setup is Sky Netgear DG934G router (DHCP with wifi turned off), and an Apple AEBS (dual band) connected to the netgear via ethernet in bridge mode basically just running as the WIFI access point.

TL-WA730RE is configured and works fine for internet access when a device is in range of the TL-WA730RE, however any device that is connected to the TL-WA730RE can't browse other devices on the network. Devices that are out of range of the TL-WA730RE and are connected to the AEBS can access internet AND browse othermnetwork devices.

TL-WA730RE has a static IP address that is in the same range and subnet of all other network devices.
The specifics of the connectivity problems are as follows (all devices are either Macs or apple devices).

Macbook Pro connected to WIFI via AEBS can see the Mac Mini (ethernet connected to network) bonjour services that are broadbcast and can Remote Desktop to the mac mini.
Macbook Pro connected to WIFI via the TL-WA730RE cannot see the Mac Mini (ethernet connected to network) bonjour services and is unable to Remote Desktop to the mac mini.

iPhone connected to WIFI via AEBS can see 2 AppleTV's and 1 iTunes Library broadcast over the network.
iPhone connected to WIFI via TL-WA730RE cannot see 2 AppleTV's and 1 iTunes Library broadcast over the network.

Essentially anything that is connected to WIFI via the TL-WA730RE only seems to get internet access and isn't able to see any local network devices or services.

Any suggestions or things to check?
Have added a couple of screengrabs of some settings on the TL-WA730RE

Options
4 Reply
Spy soft
2013-02-13 11:31:25
It is a pity, that I can not participate in discussion now. I do not own the necessary information. But this theme me very much interests.
Options
Re:TL-WA730RE - unable to see local device, but internet is OK
2013-02-25 12:28:03
To get help visit this site: http://rackorganizer.net
Options
Re:TL-WA730RE - unable to see local device, but internet is OK
2013-02-25 22:25:12
u added the RE to do a job, as u post on #1 TL-WA730RE is configured and works fine for internet access so its doing it, and ur prob. is WA730RE can't browse other devices on the network. dont know why u want to manage all, but here it goes.
Some times configurating this toy u click something wrong then u corrected, the RE over loads info. the only solution i found, is to default it and config. again.
ur using ip 10.0.1.100
example, flashed Linksys wrt54g with dd-wrt does not do a good job with 192.168.1.1 u have to input the segment ur using, before default ur RE give it a try, and use the ip segment 192.168.X.X comes by default on ur RE.
Options
Spy soft
2013-05-23 17:34:58
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error.

up
sorry..
Who ever heard of this resource? spy cell
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 753

Replies: 4