How to keep only my family on main Wifi and move rest to Guest Wifi w/o changing my passwords?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to keep only my family on main Wifi and move rest to Guest Wifi w/o changing my passwords?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 18:53:54
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I want to remove all 'guests' from my Main Wifi and force them to use the Guest Wifi, without changing my main Wifi password.

How can I prevent the earlier 'accepted' Wifi devices (from friends) to automatically link to my Main Wifi?

I am sure I overlook a simple option.....

Regards, BB

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to keep only my family on main Wifi and move rest to Guest Wifi w/o changing my passwords?
2020-10-18 03:11:22

@DoubleB 

hi,

if by main and guest wifi, you are talking about networks (SSID), then you have to go on your "guests" devices, forget the main WiFi and put the new Guest one... i don't see any other solution...

on,y the device can change SSID, the AP can't force the device to go to another network (except if you have control on the devices like in professional environment - but still this will be an action made by the device to switch).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1