Archer C5400 Restarts Randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-18 11:02:42
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20190411 rel.52981(4555)

Hi,

My Archer C5400 AC5400 router restarts randomly. Earlier it started happening and few days later my power adapter stopped working. I purchased a similar power adapter with the same configuration from outside shop as same adapter was not available in the service center. Now even after buying the new adapter I'm facing the same issue where my router restarts randomly. I purchased the router on December 2019. It's not been even one year since I purchased it. My router is connected to a TP link range extender RE305 AC1200. Many devices like 4 smart phones, 3 smart TVs, an iPad, a desktop PC, 3 Alexa smart speakers, 1 laptop, 3 fire tv sticks, etc. are connected to the router but all doesn't operate at the same time. Could you please suggest on what might be the issue that is causing the router to reboot randomly? Is it firmware or hardware related? Earlier I had another TP link router Archer C60 AC1350 which also started rebooting frequently so I purchased this high end router to fix the issue. However this is also causing the same issue though not so frequently as the previous model. Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Shibaji Chattopadhaya.

Options