M5 configuration error with BSNL Fiber broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-18 13:36:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

I got a BSNL Fiber broadband connection in India today. BSNL provided a Syrotech modem/router, to which i tried to connect my deco m5 router but its not working and showing red light. I've a PPPoE connection and i want to connect my M5 to my existing Syrotech router. But its not working. I did following steps-

1. Downloaded deco application

2. Connected Deco M5 router to Syrotech router via ethernet cable after turning the Syrotech router/modem power off 

3. I plugged on Syrotech router and then Deco M5

4. I opened deco Mobile application and started configuring M5

5. First i chose PPPoE connection rather than dynamic ip which was suggested by the application as I've a PPPoE connection.

6. Entered PPPoE username and password provided by bsnl

7. And did whatever suggested by application.

8. Created my personal wifi using credentials.

9. Connected to the new wifi 

10. But then suddenly M5 turned into red colour from blue colour. I've done this procedure several times and everytime M5 turns red and never turns green

What do i do now?

Also, Syrotech is a router itself. So am i doing any mistake by entering PPPoE credentials? Also in the Syrotech modem/router configuration, the bridging mode is disabled by default in it's online portal. So do i need to enable bridging mode and try again. 

Please do assist me otherwise my big chunk of money would go into waste. 

Thanks and regards.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 configuration error with BSNL Fiber broadband
2020-11-05 11:24:57
I was also faced with the same problem.What you need to do is change your syrotech router to bridge mode.After that things worked fine for me.Hope this helps.Cheers
Options