TL-WR702N not connecting to internet in client mode anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 20:16:56
Model: TL-WR700N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1_160302

Hi everyone. I read several similar topics but I couldn't get any solution working for me. I hope someone can help me with the right path.

I have an old TV and I was using TL-WR702N in client mode to get the TV connected to internet. I had plugged TL-WR702N out for some days for some reason. Now it is not connecting to internet anymore. I tried to setup it again without any luck. I have updated firmware, it didn't work.

My root AP is Huawei HG255S. Not sure where to start because I tried the guidelines on the web and the comments in this forum. I am lost in discussions (static ip or not, dhcp on or off, sometimes it is not possible to reconnect to TL-WR702N when I follow the recommended tcp/ip settings, etc.).

Can someone guide me step by step if I share the required information and results please?

What I see with ipconfig in cmd now:

IPv4 address: 192.168.1.42 (preffered)

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

DHCP server: 192.168.1.1

In TL-WR702N page:

IP adress: 192.168.0.254

Wireless mode: client mode

(I clicked to connect to wifi by survey button and choosing the network.)

Network-LAN: smart ip (dhcp)

DHCP enable is clicked but all buttons are grey

Thank you in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR702N not connecting to internet in client mode anymore
2020-10-20 16:01:02
Anyone who can help me?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 816