W-Fi coverage option explanation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-22 11:08:21
Model: TL-WA860RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 200410 Rel.31650n (6985/8575)

There is an option to set "wifi coverage" as maximum, intermediate or minimum.

It doesn't explain in detail what this actually does or what to consider when setting it, only that maximum mode will use more power, but that sounds a bit lame as the device isn't exactly a massive power consumer and it's plugged in anyway so what does that matter.

I suppose my question is why would you not always set it as maximum. Surely you always want the best coverage ?

What does this setting actually do ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:W-Fi coverage option explanation
2020-10-22 11:51:41
Hi! it sets the transmit power - I know it very well from unifi It actually works, you don't always want to have the greatest power, sometimes a small one - a studio apartment, a small office or just one device is enough - and there are many other networks in the vicinity - and the greater range your network has, the more people see it and may want to enter to her. The issue of power consumption is also different - at each setting - I do not know the exact values for TPlink.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1756

Replies: 1

Related Articles