VPN Client on Archer AX1500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 03:31:56
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi,

I bought the Archer AX10 recently and I just realized it doesn't have OpenVPN Client functionality. Is this feature going to be added in a future update? 

I was really expecting this router to have this feature since it's becoming more an more common for users to have a VPN subscription. And it makes sense to connect to a VPN service directly on the router when you have multiple devices at home. 

I like the hardware and the UI offered on your devices, and I really hope you will add this feature through a firmware update soon, because a lot more people are looking for this feature and other brands are offering it at the same price point.

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN Client on Archer AX1500
2021-01-08 09:55:39

any update in this topic ? I'm also interested in this functionality

francisc02 wrote

Hi,

I bought the Archer AX10 recently and I just realized it doesn't have OpenVPN Client functionality. Is this feature going to be added in a future update? 

I was really expecting this router to have this feature since it's becoming more an more common for users to have a VPN subscription. And it makes sense to connect to a VPN service directly on the router when you have multiple devices at home. 

I like the hardware and the UI offered on your devices, and I really hope you will add this feature through a firmware update soon, because a lot more people are looking for this feature and other brands are offering it at the same price point.

Thank you!

Options
2021-01-08 11:01:43

francisc02 wrote

Hi,

Thank you!

@francisc02 

We both! I'm very disappointed about that. No openwrt firmware for that too. 

Options
2021-01-08 11:29:24

I haven't received any answer from tp-link, so I don't have any updates to give. From what I can tell they are only supporting VPN Client functionality on their business VPN routers. It's very disappointing since there are other brands that offer consumer grade routers, in the same price range, with this functionality. I believe they could offer this function through a firmware update since the hardware seems capable enough, but they don't wanna be bothered with it. I think a lot of people would appreciate the functionality, but again they don't seem to care. I won't buy another router from them, and I'm not recommending it to anybody else.

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 6023

Replies: 3

Related Articles