Hi - be gentle I'm new and inexperienced

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 12:35:58
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All.

I'm enthusiastic but have very little knowledge.  So all in plain language please and assume you are talking to an idiot :-p 

I've just found out about PoE - great as I have two VOIP phones at home.  So I can get an injector/splitter/extender/switch to assist.  But which one?  I guess I can also power my Sky Hub from one/it ... and the Camera I'm about to install on the back of the house if I can get power and an ethernet cable to it!

So I'm thinking a switch with a number of ports and then leading a CAT 6 PoE cable up to the back room to an ethernet socket I'll install in there, and then out to the camera.

Hey hang on, can't I just get a new Router with PoE ports to get rid of the Sky Hub and achieve my aims?

THEN, I see the DECO range giving me better WiFi coverage (I'm guessing) around the house (maybe even out to the detached garage if I put a unit in there!)  - BUT does the DECO replace the Sky Hub or do I need a separate Router, or is it additional to that?

Before I start buying lots of new toys piecemeal, I'm trying to hold back to get the best solution.

Is this too much to ask?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 0

Related Articles