USB file sharing not accessible when password protected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-13 09:52:50
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 121225 Rel.37950n

ISP :

Firmware Version:
3.13.23 Build 121225 Rel.37950n
Hardware Version:
WDR4300 v1 00000000

Since I upgraded to the latest firmware I can only use the USB storage sharing when "Access shared storage with password" is left UNCHECKED. If I check the box I can no longer see the storage shares in Windows 7. I have also tried "\\tploginlink.net\" in the Run box, and it connects but shows me no mounted volumes. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, Is it possible to set up more than two user accounts in addition to "admin" and "guest"?
Options
2 Reply
Re:USB file sharing not accessible when password protected
2013-02-14 02:54:43
Hi,

I'm have the same problem. I spoke with technical support but they said that it is not the fault of the software but my device (they not able to reproduce the problem on test router). They say me that I must send router to thier service, but I didin't do that. Now I waiting for the patch to fix the bug. TP Link Support go to work! ;) Polish customer service have a whole info.

Also, Is it possible to set up more than two user accounts in addition to "admin" and "guest"?

Yes, is possible.

Regards
Grzegorz
Options
Re:USB file sharing not accessible when password protected
2013-03-10 23:32:41
this is the first time that i am writing here..facing the same problem..with the latest FW
Firmware Version:
3.13.23 Build 121225 Rel.37950n
Hardware Version:
WDR4300 v1 00000000

once enabled password access , no system could access to the shared drive.
1) my win 7 notebook cant find the share drive.
2) my android file manager APP manager cant find the drive.

however FTP is working fine, the access right is going according to the users account setup, this proved that the user accounts information are setup properly.

This obviously is the bug in the new firmware..I have no choice but got to disable SMB Sharing..it is too risky to use No password access..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 2

Related Articles