Wifi Connect showing "2" after the SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 01:26:54 - last edited 2021-03-19 23:01:13
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My previous Wifi connection the my Linksys router, was "MNS-Online Wifi". I replaced the Linksys router with the Tp-Link Archer AX21 and I did setup the new router with the same SSID as the previous connection "MNS-Online Wifi".

My connected wireless laptops however do show "MNS-Online Wifi 2"; where is this "2" coming from and why...?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi Connect showing "2" after the SSID
2020-10-28 02:31:12 - last edited 2021-03-19 23:01:13

@MNS-Online.net 

This issue is more on the computer rather than on the router. The computer can identify a network/router/device uniquely and assign a profile name to that device. And when it detected your new router it automatically added a  profile name to it with a numeric value of 2 since it detected it as a router but not the same one as before even though you have the same wifi name on it. There's an easy fix on for it, just follow the steps on the site below, I recommend to follow the 2nd set of instructions using Local Security Policy or "secpol.msc".

"https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/24/how-to-change-network-names-on-windows-10/"

I hope this helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1833

Replies: 1

Related Articles