MA260 - AT commands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MA260 - AT commands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MA260 - AT commands
MA260 - AT commands
2020-10-30 13:47:37

Dear community,

I come with my question to the community because once again I got no useful information from TP-Link support.
Concerning the MA260 3G HSPA+ modem, when I asked them for a list of the built-in AT commands in this modem they answered:
"... has no support for AT commands."
and
"... sorry to tell that we do not have such list ..."
But the modem does respond to AT commands like AT or ATE or ATI ...

The problem:
We have a remote Windows 10 PC using the MA260 to connect to the 3G network using a dial-up connection.
This PC only gets human intervention a few times per year.
We daily retrieve data from it through VNC. This works fine for a couple of years now, but in the last month the connection is very slow.
After contacting our mobile operator, they said the modem now connects to a closer by, but 2G, antenna.

The question:
Like in some other 3G-modem from other manufacturers, I suppose there is a way to force the MA260 to connect only to 3G.
Does someone know of an AT command that forces it to 3G only ?

Thanks.

Janjos

Options
2 Reply
Re:MA260 - AT commands
2020-11-06 11:01:27

@janjos 

Hi, thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

We truly did not have the AT command list for the MA260.

But I found this on the internet for your reference:

https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f804/command-s-force-3g-4g-huawei-zte-gsm-modems-1682751/

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:MA260 - AT commands
2020-11-06 12:22:48

@Sunshine 

Thank you for the reply.

I also found that information before sending my question to TP-Link customer help.

Because, as you can read, it is specific for HUAWEI and ZTE modems and both commands differ so much from each other, I did not want to try any of them from a remote session and risk losing all communication with the station. For the moment it is slow but (still) works ;-)

I will try it during my next visit on-site.

I will add the command in the modem "Extra initialization commands" field.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 2

Related Articles