EAP225-outdoor powering from a 24V battery source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 14:25:41 - last edited 2020-11-03 12:10:52
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I need to power up a few EAP225-outdoor from a 24V battery source.
The product comes with a passive mains to PoE adaptor. That's great, but not of much help for my application.

My idea is to make a PoE injector, but I'm not sure what voltage and on what pins of the RJ45 connector I have to inject the dc voltage.

Any suggestions for that.

Thanks

Ju

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP225-outdoor powering from a 24V battery source-Solution
2020-11-03 09:44:35 - last edited 2020-11-03 12:10:52

Dear @jgnoss,

The product comes with a passive mains to PoE adaptor. That's great, but not of much help for my application.
My idea is to make a PoE injector, but I'm not sure what voltage and on what pins of the RJ45 connector I have to inject the dc voltage.

It's highly recommended to use the provided power supply to power up the EAP products, otherwise, it may damage the product.

• Any defects or damages caused by improper installation or misuse could avoid the product warranty.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225-outdoor powering from a 24V battery source-Solution
2020-11-03 09:44:35 - last edited 2020-11-03 12:10:52

Dear @jgnoss,

It's highly recommended to use the provided power supply to power up the EAP products, otherwise, it may damage the product.

• Any defects or damages caused by improper installation or misuse could avoid the product warranty.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP225-outdoor powering from a 24V battery source
2020-11-03 12:13:52

@Fae 
That's the best ever, and most clever answer I've ever got from a support person.

Why I didn't see that before.

Thank you so much Fae.

Juergen

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 691

Replies: 2

Related Articles