TP-Link Deco M5 speed WIFI slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 07:27:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

I bought the DECO M5 and am really pleased with it. I have 5 units so everywhere in my house I have good WIFI access.

But the thing is I had a 80MB/Sec down and upload speed and recently upgraded that at my provider to 250MB/Sec

Whenever I do a speedtest on my deco device (there is an option to do that within the DECO app) it nicely also shows I can reach the 250MB/Sec easily.

But whenever I do a speedtest from any device (like my mobile or my macbook pro) it will only reach 80 - 90MB/Sec

My deco is on Access Point mode because I have a ASUS router where it is attached to.
I turned both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz on my DECO on as I have some older devices that are unable to use 5Ghz.

But looking at my configuration I see that for example my Macbook uses the 5Ghz so this also should not be any problem.

What I didn't do yet is restart my DECO's after I got the new speed contract from my provider. But I wonder if that would help since I can do the speedtest from my DECO and it points out around 250MB/Sec as well.

Any way does anyone here has any clue on this?

I also don't have any bandwith max configured in either my ASUS router or my DECO

Thanks in advance for your advise :)

Alfred.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link Deco M5 speed WIFI slow
2020-11-03 10:22:32

@ Alfred7475 veo que no tienes respuesta , yo estoy igual con unos Deco M4 con 600mb de fibra y los decos solo me dan 120-150mb/sg como max

Options
Re:TP-Link Deco M5 speed WIFI slow
2020-11-03 12:57:32 - last edited 2020-11-04 21:38:14

Speedtest on Deco app is between Main Deco and Internet, which is maximum possible speed you could ever get from your wireless devices connected to Decos, in ideal conditions.

If you are getting 80 Mbps download, your device must be on 2.4GHz network band. I never saw better than that on my M9 Plus and M5 when on 2.4GHz.

I suggest you disable 2.4 GHz band in Deco app temporarily, turn off all satellite Decos, and re-run speedtest from Macbook that supports 5GHz, while having that Macbook in close proximity with Main Deco. That will help to eliminate Main Deco as problematic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 966

Replies: 2

Related Articles