Load Balancing internet connection from 2 Different ISPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-03 12:23:23 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:43:22
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version:

Hi team,

I Own an TL-R480+ Dual wan router however i am unable to configure it.

The situation here is as follows

i Have got a BSNL Fifth connection which has input as fiber optic and Other is Airtel which provides WAN connection

How can i convert the fiber optic to WAN for load Balancing ? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Load Balancing internet connection from 2 Different ISPs
2020-11-05 08:02:33 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:43:22

Dear @jhunjhun,

i Have got a BSNL Fifth connection which has input as fiber optic and Other is Airtel which provides WAN connection

How can i convert the fiber optic to WAN for load Balancing ? 

The TL-R480T+ router only has RJ-45 ports, which can connect via Ethernet cables only.

If the ISP provides the Internet service with fiber cable instead of Ethernet cable, you may need a fiber modem to convert the Fiber connection to an Ethernet connection first and then connect to WAN port the TL-R480T+ router with an Ethernet cable for Internet access. Usually the ISP would offer a fiber modem, you may contact the ISP to confirm it.

By the way, you may note that the TL-R480T+ only has 100Mbps Ethernet ports, so the maximum throughput is no more than 100Mbps.

If your ISPs provide you more than 100Mbps bandwidth, you may consider upgrading to a more powerful router.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 743

Replies: 1

Related Articles