AX3000 Archer TX50E internet speeds slashed in half.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-04 18:06:35
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 22.0.0.6

Hello,

I purchased an AX3000 Archer TX50E and installed it today, only to discover that when I connected to my Sky-Q modem, that my download and internet speeds - previously 5 megabytes per second download speeds - had been reduced to a measily 2.8. I have updated the drivers to the current version, I have changed the modem channels, I have changed the wireless mode on the drivers and I cannot seem to improve these speeds at all. It claims it able to achieve speeds of 2402 + 574 mbps, and yet I'm barely getting a fraction of this out of my internet speeds that I -know- can easily reach at least my previous ones.

This makes no sense, as my 3 year old TP-Link WDN 4800 was able to achieve higher speeds, despite being an older model no longer supported by windows 10. I've attempted to find answers to my problem on this forum and others to no avail. I was unable to connect the bluetooth component of the Adapter to my motherboard, as I could not find a F_USB connector, whether this has some bearing on my speeds or not I don't know.

I've reached the end of my patience trying to get this to work, I'd appreciate some support, thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000 Archer TX50E internet speeds slashed in half.
2021-02-10 15:00:29 - last edited 2021-02-10 17:50:22

@Kathy_Z @Angryredhead 

Model:Adapter

Hardware Version: V7

Firmware Version: 22.20.0.6

I'm having similar issues. I am pairing the TX50E to a Netgear CAX80 with Cox Gigablast (up to 940mbps) and the TX50E connects fine to 2.4ghz, but struggles to connect to 5ghz.  When it does connect to 5ghz, I get 100+ ping and <5 Mbps speeds.  I've tried all the suggestions @Kathy_Z provided with no luck and I know it's not Cox because all my other devices connected to 5ghz get 500+ Mbps speed consistently.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1318

Replies: 2

Related Articles