Deco E4. Source signal selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-06 09:33:56
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 20200918

I originally had a double pack E4 and i was happy with the product but i had dead zone in the other corner of the house and wanted to add more deco to my system. So i purchased another double pack E4. I successfully added them but the wifi is not consistent in the whole area. I check the device in one corner of house and see the deco in that room has signal source from the farthest deco not from the main one which is in the middle of the house and this source signal is not editable. I checked the forum and saw lots of complaints for other deco products if not only from E4 and there seems to be no solution yet. Will there be an update for this issue any ideas? I'm totally upset now that i paid a whole bunch of money for a waste.

Thanks and regards.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco E4. Source signal selection
2020-11-07 12:35:29

@keratalay 

While waiting for source signal selection to be implemented, you could try a workaround. According to TP Link Support, what they are saying on multiple threads in this forum related to similar issues you experienced with E4, Satellite Deco will stick with Main Deco as long as signal between them is above threshold.

So, turn off two other Decos, leaving Main and one from Satellites you want Main to be connected to it, but it does not. This remaining Satellite Deco will have no choice but connect to Main Deco. 

Then, check quality of signal between these two Decos, see "Signal Source" in Deco app. If it is at least two bars they'll keep staying connected, TP Link Support tells us.

After that, power on remaining Decos.

This is, of course, not ideal solution, but if you want to keep new E4 you bought it might work for you for now.

Options
Re:Deco E4. Source signal selection
2020-11-08 10:47:31

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the reply. This worked for a while but after i activated others. I ran into my original problem which is ; on my tv and mac i dont seem to have a problem but on the phone most pages dont respond. I switch to gsm 4g same page opens immediately. And after that i restart all routers and source signal again seems messed up. I'm worried even if there is a fix my problem will persist

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1605

Replies: 2

Related Articles