Regarding tp-link Archer T2U Plus adapter wireless mode settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-07 13:24:18
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm very happy with the tp-link Archer T2U plus adapter, but there's one thing everyone needs to know about it that I did not find anywhere in the instructions. The distance between my computer and the router is about 9 m (30 feet) including two walls in the apartment, and with the wireless mode set to Auto, I get 100% network connection (4 of 4), but it will only be 2.4 GHz. There is no way to get 5 GHz with the wireless mode set to Auto unless they are very close to each other. You need to open the properties of the adapter and change the wireless mode manually if you want 5 GHz. I chose IEEE 802.11ac and the network connection changed to about 75% (3 out of 4), but it works great! I got full speed and can, for example, stream movies without interruption. Of course, the router must also be able to keep up with the latest technology if this shall work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1783

Replies: 1