Missing White List Feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 13:51:15 - last edited 2020-11-10 14:23:16
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(4555)

Hi experts,

I just renewed my WLAN device, coming from an TP LINK WDR 4900, switching over to an ARCHER C80. I really want nothing to be changed, except the hardware.

So I unpacked the new ARCHER C80 and connected it to my laptop. I gave it a static IP and turned on the Access Point Mode, as it was described in the instruction manual. The DHCP is also turned off on this device. After I made an Upgrade of the firmware, as it stated and while configuring, I happened to see that, where at the very beginning the options black-List AND White-List were offered, only Black-Listing remained.

So I am not sure at the moment, if this is according to the switch of the mode to "Access Point Mode", but I really need this feature.

The differences from old to new configuration are now: I connected the Modem to the ARCHER C80 over Ethernet to WAN port. The WDR4900 was connected Ethernet to Ethernet. The DHCP was disabled at both devices.

Can someone please tell me what I can do to get the white-Listing/MAC Filtering option done on the TP-Link device? Is it the "new" Firmware, or is it the "Access Point Mode" which hides the white-Listing option? The old WDR 4900 did all this without any problem...

Or is there a different way of getting this working?

Would be so great to get any information, hekp from you,

Kr, Peter

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 0

Related Articles