Ring Doorbell and Stick Up Cams - Locking onto one specific Deco - "Node locking"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ring Doorbell and Stick Up Cams - Locking onto one specific Deco - "Node locking"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 15:13:21
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I have 3 Deco S4's covering our house generally very well including the garden so I thought that it would be nice to have some Ring cameras and doorbell.  Unfortunatley these things go up and down constantly as they don't stay connected to one Deco device.  I have contacted Ring who insist that there is nothing that they can do and we need to use a mesh network with "node locking".  When a device is connected to it's closest Deco then everything works great but as soon as they pick one up from the other side of the house we see RSSI numbers as low as -80.  Is there any way that I can lock a device on one deco or barr a device from specific decos?  I'm about to ask Amazon for a return of 7 Ring cameras in total which I can't imagine would go down well!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ring Doorbell and Stick Up Cams - Locking onto one specific Deco - "Node locking"
2020-11-10 18:57:43

I don't think that "node locking" is possible but the devices are choosing the correct Deco since I applied the latest update to the Deco devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 1

Related Articles