deco m5 "No internet" and app says that it deletes my network when losing wifi connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

deco m5 "No internet" and app says that it deletes my network when losing wifi connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 19:17:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.9 Build 20200924 Rel. 60170

Hello,

Two problems.

1. My decos all show the "no internet" and there's an exclamation mark while trying to connect to the internet.

All devices on the network have internet connectivity. However, sometimes mobiles, especially when they join the network e.g. when entering the house physically, they show that there's no internet connectivity. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometimes it stays that way. Turning wifi on and off fixes it almost always, but this is not feasible for all devices e.g. security cameras.

If I run the dhcp mode and put in the google dns, the problem goes away.

However I want to run the access point mode. On AP mode the IPv4 setting are not there. However from the menu that describes the problem "no internet" when you push on a deco and then on the dynamic IP settings, the menu is accessible.

Setting "automatically get DNS settings" is saved. Setting a DNS manually is not.

Is there any way to fix this? There should be a solution, because prior to upgrading to 1.4.9, I didn't have an issue with AP mode and I haven't changed my ISP router settings since 2011 :p

2. In order to investigate the issue above, I've deleted my previous network and recreated it. Now, sometimes, when using the app, while losing wifi connectivity momentarily (e.g. from moving from floor to floor) then the app mentions "this network has been deleted". Refreshing or logging out and back in fixes it, but it's ominus. Has anyone encountered it before?

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 1012

Replies: 0

Related Articles