AX20 can't connect to devices on LAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 23:39:10
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200326 rel.63489(5553)

Hi all

I just installed a AX20 to replace my old VR900 which was destroyed by lighting.

We have NBN FTTC so a modem is not required, we just connect directly to the NBN "white box".

I've set up DHCP and assigned a couple of static addresses for my NAS and a printer.

My problem is for for the 2 devices I have connected to the LAN ports on the AX20 (a QNAP NAS -fixed IP and another Windows 10 PC - dynamic IP).

I can ping them just fine, but I can't connect to them at all from my Windows 10 laptop which is connected to the wireless.

The LAN devices CAN access the internet just fine and can also access each other (I can connect to the web interface of the NAS from the Windows 10 PC on the LAN).

The LAN windows 10PC CAN see the wireless windows 10 laptop but not the other way round?

I've power cycled all the devices and the router several times with no sucess.

It's seems the traffic from the wireless to the LAN ports is being blocked, but I can't figure out why or how to fix it.

I'm running the latest firmware and the hardware version is 1.2 (AU).

Can anyone help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX20 can't connect to devices on LAN ports
2020-11-13 02:58:58

@DarrinSmith 

the problem might be on the laptop, the laptop could have an antivirus / firewall software blocking connection between local devices. To prove that its the laptop having the issue, you can use an android / smart phone to connect to the wireless network and use an APP called "ES File Explorer" from Google Playstore to browse files on your NAS via FTP or just simple SMB. If the smartphone can browse the files on the NAS then its confirmed that the problem is on the laptop.

What you can do on the laptop is to disable or even uninstall any 3rd party antivirus / firewall software. If the laptop is running windows 10, windows already has an adequate firewall and antivirus built-in so no need for 3rd party antivirus / firewall software. If the laptop is not running any 3rd party software, try to set the windows firewall back to default so that it will prompt you to allow communication with other devices on the network.

I hope this helps.

Options
Re:AX20 can't connect to devices on LAN ports
2020-11-13 12:49:19 - last edited 2020-11-13 23:10:42

@DarrinSmith ok so the problem is the router itself.

The firmware is buggy.

If you make changes to settings and then use the "reboot" option in the router firmware the setting are either not correctly applied or the router actually hangs!

The only way to be sure is to actually pull the power.

Did that and everything is fine.

That's a couple of hours out of my life I'll never get back.......

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 2