Wake On Lan WITH Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-13 20:14:18
Model: Archer TX3000E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I have bought the TP-Link Archer TX3000E and i need it to wake my computer up.

On my board Bios (Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus) the WOL option for PCI-E is already activated.

On the Windows Device Manager, under the netword adapters o choose the TX3000E and on the Energy Managment Tab i choose "Allow this device to wake up the computer".

However, when i send a magic packet to wake up the PC while suspending nothing happens.

Can anyone help me? :D

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wake On Lan WITH Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E
2020-11-17 15:18:57 - last edited 2020-11-17 15:20:16

Tks but no joy.

The thing is I really dont need to do portforwarding because i have a VPN connection with my home.

But besides, even inside my home network the computer does not wake up when i send a magic packet.

I have all the necessary steps turned on in my BIOS and on the network adapter/power on the device manager.

The only thing I need to know from TP-Link is if the TX3000E actually supports WOL. 

I know that WOL is supposed to be for LAN and not USB WIFI, but since the TX3000 is pci, and in the device manager it has the option to wake the computer up I would like to know if it is indeed possible.

Options
2021-07-03 09:02:28

@Kathy_Z Hello Kathy, I have the same issue and I can't wake up my PC from power off or standby state. I have made all the steps from internet but I can't get it work. Also the PC IP does not responds to ping anymore after I shutdown the PC, I think the power goes down on PCIe but I have nothing in BIOS to activate. WOL from my integrated LAN works perfect. Neither the TP-link phone support can't helped me in this matter. I have an Archer AX73 router and Gigabyte motherboard. My question if anyone managed to get this work.

Options
2021-08-06 10:12:25

@elsker I am also facing the same problem and TP-Link team is diving without replying to me in this post.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/215446?page=6

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2706

Replies: 5

Related Articles