Unreliable WIFI connection on DECO M4 Unit.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-20 17:36:39 - last edited 2020-11-21 07:24:19
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20191102 Rel. 58333

Good day!

The mesh system failed all of a sudden and I swapped my sattelite unit to the main faulty DECO unit. Everything worked fine on the main network. I isolated the problem with this main faulty DECO unit by trying the following steps:

Network setup with this main faulty DECO is:

1. DECO is connected to the ISP modem thru an ethernet cable. I successfully created another network thru the mobile app with this main faulty DECO unit.

2. A test computer is wired directly by LAN to the DECO and pinged 192.168.68.1, all time showed <1ms response time. Webpages load normally. Speedtest showed 50mbps.

3. Another computer is connected to the main faulty DECO thru wifi. When loading any webpage, the DECO unit showed worst results. See attached: **(When connected to my main Deco network which is beside the faulty deco, everything works normally. Low ping, high speed)

4. Software version is this

5. 5ghz wifi network is not working even if it is turned on in the mobile app. This was confirmed since in CMD, only 802.11n (2.4ghz) radio type was used and no 802.11ac (5ghz) found under the same wifi name. Do note that the signal strength is really low (24%). This should be around 80% if this unit is working fine.

It seems that the 5ghz wifi network is not working since if I turn off the 2.4ghz in the mobile app, the broadcast of wifi signal is not detected by the computer. Also when I tried to connect the main faulty DECO unit to my main network wirelessly, it gets disconnected even if it is around 3-4m from the main deco unit. Speed is tremendously slow with this unit as an access point. Wifi is entirely unreliable but the wired connection is as advertised. Any ideas on how I can fix this unit? Should I ask for warranty? Unit is 2 day old as of this posting. I already tried the following:

1. Reset the Deco unit and resetup the unit.

2. Check for updates. Latest firmware already installed as stated in the mobile app.

3. Power cycle. Same results.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unreliable WIFI connection on DECO M4 Unit.
2020-11-21 06:09:59

@yelloww_w The Deco app already clearly indicates that your WiFi signal strength for 5 GHz is very low, and therefore not working. Best advice is to move the deco units closer together, and see if it works, they seem to be set up too far apart. You could also try to setup a LAN backhaul, if you can connect the far apart deco units with LAN cables.

Although, since you purchased this kit recently, I would ask for a replacement.

Options
Re:Unreliable WIFI connection on DECO M4 Unit.
2020-11-21 08:55:21

@StardustOne The unit just got replaced by the ISP. Now it works perfectly. Thanks!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 653

Replies: 2