Best configuration for anchor c7 + Deco m4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 00:01:18
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20201030 rel.55736(4555)

Hello everyone,

I've just setup a network for my home. My home is quite a big house with thick walls. 

I have virgin media broadband with the 300mbs package. But the stock virgin box is rubbish so I've switched it to modem mode and have brought the anchor c7

The anchor c7 is great but only covers about 40% of the house so I've also brought 3 deco m4's

I've connected the main deco straight to the router (c7) and I've also connected the second (dinning room) deco to the router (c7) I've piggy banked the third deco (upstairs) to the second deco in the dinning room. The decos are on Access point mode.

I just wanted to ask what is the best settings for this setup? Is there any certain configuration which will benefit and give the best results?

Also should I turn the Anchor c7 WiFi off and only use the Decos as the access points? Or should I have the c7 + the decos all providing WiFi

Also nothing is connecting to my Upstairs deco which is nearest to all the rooms upstairs. Everything is connecting downstairs. So the upstairs deco is acting redundant at the moment is there a way to force the devices to connect to that one?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Best configuration for anchor c7 + Deco m4
2020-11-21 07:59:15 - last edited 2020-11-21 13:15:44

@Aeron 

I believe that your query will be better answered in the DECO section of the forum.

As browsing through tech specifications of Deco M4, buying an Archer C7 would appear redundant.

Looking that video you could see that the M4s have two modes: Router & AP.

That way you could have used only M4s, place them in you house and have a complete coverage of up to 5,500 square feet.

But since you already bought the C7, you can refer to this document to see how can you put your C7 to good use for better coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 1

Related Articles