Internet provider advice for Deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 13:46:41

Hi everyone,

PLEASE can someone shed some light for me?

I currently have Sky fibre and have tried to set up the deco m5 mesh but there is the double nat problem which means it's a no go for what I need and can't use it in AP mode because I need the guest network too.

I heard that the vigor 130 was a good replacement modem and get rid of the sky hub altogether but, because the Deco m5 doesn't support MER, it just won't work.

Now, I could look around and replace either the deco mesh system or the vigor 130 but my broadband contract is up for renewal this month so I thought it might be better (by which I mean cheaper) to just change provider to one that doesn't use MER and will work with vigor 130 and deco m5 without double nat.

It has to be fast fibre (50mb download minimum) and I can get access to most of the main suppliers (apart from virgin) so if anyone can help me or let me know which provider would work with my set up, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks for your time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet provider advice for Deco m5
2020-11-22 00:10:05

@itsgroovy I've used BT, Plusnet, and EE without issue with my own equipment over many years.

The only thing I'd advise is paying the £8 (or whatever it is this week) for their own router should you need them to do troubleshooting (although BTs 1st line support wouldn't know their own elbow from their derriere). 

Options
Re:Internet provider advice for Deco m5
2020-11-22 00:33:14

@richpriest 

Thanks very much for the advice - much appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 2