DECO constantly dropping connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 20:48:07
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20190926

My wifi network based on the DECO M9 PLus keeps dropping constantly without no reason.

It can happen to any device regardless of time of day and situation.

Tried to do an update and the app always says the fw is updated.

Very bad system performance so far.

Options
5 Reply
Re:DECO constantly dropping connections
2020-11-22 13:35:28

@gg_pt You can check the connection quality of the Deco units from within the app, click on the Internet symbol and theny on the individual Deco units, if you see only one bar for WiFi connection, move them closer together or alternatively you can use Ethernet cables if avaialbe to create a 3rd backhaul channel for your M9 Plus. Maybe this helps?

Options
2020-11-23 11:44:43

@StardustOne the only message i have is "DECO is working well", in the app i have i can't see the wifi bars you mention.

My problem doesn't seem to be wifi coverage, but more the connections that keep dropping.

Options
2020-11-23 14:09:24

@gg_pt 

>"DECO is working well"

That could mean no devices are connected to this particular Deco.

Options
2021-04-22 07:29:02

I have a set of 3 M5 Decos and I noticed some problems on the network recently.

Running NetSpot I have seen the attached where periodically the main deco appears to drop.

Any reason for this behavior?

Options
2021-04-22 08:31:45
So, as an additional. I've swapped 2 of the Decos around and the problem is still occurring at the same position (it's not related to the unit but something environmental). If anyone has any ideas, I'd be keen to see what to look into.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1223

Replies: 5

Related Articles